In addition to working with Wonderware IndustrialSQL version 8, several new features have been added to this NWA Quality Analyst interface. This new interface works only with IndustrialSQL version 8. For earlier versions of IndustrialSQL, continue to use the previous interface program. The two interfaces can coexist and operate with both NWA Quality Analyst 5.1 release 1.5.28 or later and all version 5.2 releases.
Quality Analyst 5.2 releases 2.2.67 and later already include this interface; if you have release 2.2.67 or later, you do not need this download.
Your copy of Quality Analyst must be licensed for the IndustrialSQL interface in order to take advantage of this download.
The following features have been added:
- In addition to Analog tags, Discrete and String tags may be retrieved from the IndustrialSQL database.
- In addition to Cyclic data retrieval, Delta data retrieval may be used.
- Both Time and Value Deadbands are supported.
- Data retrieval may be triggered using Analog, Discrete, or Event tags. Previously, only Discrete and Event tags were used.
- Any of the four IndustrialSQL Edge Detection methods may be used: None, Leading, Trailing, or Both.
- Unconventional tag names may be used with no additional effort. For example, tag names containing the minus sign (-) are accepted without defining an alias.
- Because of the new features in IndustrialSQL, the interface no longer creates temporary tables in the database. This speeds up processing and allows users without database ‘write’ permission to use all of the interface features.
- Quality Analyst 5.2 releases 2.2.67 and later already include this interface; if you have release 2.2.67 or later, you do not need this download.
- Download the file.
- After downloading, double-click the file to extract the interface and documentation.
- Install the files into the Quality Analyst program directory. This will likely be something like “C:\Program files\QA”.
- Read the manual file "QAInSQL8.pdf" for complete instructions on using the interface.
QAInSQL8.EXE (After downloading, double-click QAInSQL8.EXE to install.)