Food Safety Audits – A Business Advantage Not a Burden
Major food retailers require food processors to certify their food-safety-management systems under Global Food Safety Initiative recognized audits. This has, in turn, led food processors to make additional demands of their supply chain, including packaging vendors, to demonstrate viable audited HACCP programs.
Meeting the customer’s food-safety-audit requirements gives packaging suppliers a competitive advantage and unique market opportunity.
Allen Sayler discussed standard food-safety audits in general and SQF in particular as they pertain to plastic and paperboard food-container manufacturing including:
- GFSI – Concept for the Future
- HACCP – Applicability to the Food Packaging Industry
- The Whys for the Food Packaging Industry
- Technical Implementation Details for the Food Packaging Industry
- Food Safety Due Diligence for the Food Packaging Industry